Tuesday, June 17, 2008

cyd charisse: 1921-2008

I'm sorry- there just aren't any words today...
Cyd Charisse has passed away.
She was one of my absolute favorites.


From my first time seeing her in Singin' in the Rain all through Brigadoon, Silk Stockings, and so much more- and then absolute perfection in The Band Wagon- I've had a mad crush on Cyd. She was not only so lovely, but so talented and a marvel to watch on screen.
The world is a little bit dimmer today, but we are lucky to have her performances preserved.


Please read the tributes at Laura's Miscellaneous Musings and Libertas.
I'll be back with more later. For now- I'm going to go watch The Band Wagon.

Oh, I know it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at me. I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.

The show's a big hit, Tony... It's going to run for a long time.As far as I'm concerned, it's going to run forever.


2 comments:

Ladytink_534 said...

I heard about this on a few websites today. It is sad :(

said...

She had amaZING legs and got to use them most well, indeed.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin