Thursday, October 23, 2008

looney tunes vol. 6


Today, we shine the media roundup spotlight on a title that is near and dear to my heart: Looney Tunes: The Golden Collection, Vol. 6!

Lots of great titles on this one and we've been informed that this is the last Golden Collection title. Not to fear, as Jerry Beck as said that Warner's will continue to release Looney Tunes on DVD, but I suppose under a different title or collection. While he can't say much about it, he has confirmed that WB does not intend to "double dip" with it's releases- which is good news indeed! In fact why don't you check out an interview with Jerry about the release of Vol. 6 over at Cartoon Brew.

Here is the disc break-down: (hat tip to Amazon for the info)

Disc One: Looney Tunes All Stars 1. Hare Trigger 2. To Duck or Not to Duck 3. Birth of a Notion 4. My Little Duckaroo 5. Crowing Pains 6. Raw! Raw! Rooster! 7. Heaven Scent 8. My Favorite Duck 9. Jumpin' Jupiter 10. Satan's Waitin' 11. Hook Line and Stinker 12. Bear Feat 13. Dog Gone South 14. A Ham in a Role 15. Often an Orphan

Disc Two: Patriotic Pals 1. Herr Meets Hare 2. Russian Rhapsody 3. Daffy the Commando 4. Bosko the Doughboy 5. Rookie Revue 6. The Draft Horse 7. Wacky Blackout 8. The Ducktators 9. The Wekaly Reporter 10. Fifth Column Mouse 11. Meet John Doughboy 12. Hollywood Canine Canteen 13. By Word of Mouse 14. Heir Conditioned 15. Yankee Dood it

Disc Three: Bosko Buddie and Merrie Melodies 1. Congo Jazz 2. Smile Dam Ya, Smile! 3. The Booze Hangs High 4. One More Time 5. Bosko's Picture Show 6. You Don't Know What You're Doin'! 7. We're in the Money! 8. Ride 'em Bosko 9. Shuffle Off to Buffalo 10. Bosko in Person 11. The Dish Ran Away with the Spoon 12. Buddie's Day Out 13. Buddie's Beer Garden 14. Buddie's Circus 15. A Cartoonist's Nightmare

Disc Four: Most Requested Assorted Nuts 1. Horton Hatches the Egg 2. Lights Fantastic 3. Fresh Airedale 4. Chow Hound 5. The Oily American 6. It's Hummer Time 7. Rocket Bye Baby 8. Goo Goo Goliath 9. Wild Wife 10. Much Ado About Nutting 11. The Hole idea 12. Now Hear This 13. Martian Through Georgia 14. Page Miss Glory 15. Norman Normal

Shorts have been restored and many original title cards (like the one at the top) have been restored as well. I am looking forward to so many of these and adding them to my collection, especially alot of the WW II era toons. Also included on the discs, as always are a TON of extras: All-new documentary profile of Mel Blanc: The Man of a Thousand Voices; lots of great commentaries by animators and animation historians profiling ; Music-only and music-and-effects tracks on selected shorts; 2 Looney Tunes TV specials starring Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck; Bonus rarities from the vaults, including Friz Freleng at MGM cartoons and the World of Leon Schlesinger gallery!

I cannot stress enough that this is a must have for any animation enthusiast, Looney Tunes fan or kid at heart! Now just to whet your appetite is a great short that I love featuring that all-time great character and part time con man, Charlie Dog: Often an Orphan. This is a decent You Tube presentations, but just image how great the restored DVD version will look on your TV!





Looney Tunes: The Golden Collection, Vol .6 is a Shelf Classic!
Next: Warner Brothers Gangsters Collection, Vol. 4

Oh, I know it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at me. I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.

All my life, I've dreamed the day I could live in the country. I'm not strong! I need lots of fresh air, and milk, and cream...and fresh leafy veggi-tables!


2 comments:

Laura said...

So glad to see your posts! Hope you are feeling better.

I just ordered the Gangsters set today. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

J.C. Loophole said...

Thanks-
Finally got some ultra-strength antibiotics this time around. Condition downgraded to Bronchitis and sinus infection which means I can actually talk and breath - just coughing and really tired.
Wow- just read that and I sound like I'm 89 and someone called and asked "How are you?"
Oh well- Hopefully will be reviewing Gangsters 4 in the near future! I'm looking forward to it as well. I've got Alice Faye in the "Review Queue" and it's a hoot.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin