Wednesday, May 31, 2006

sure, we could use some more heroes...


Yeah, Tina- I think we could always use more. Real heroes that is.
Sorry about the lack of a post this weekend... usually Memorial Day would be a prime candidate for a post from us, and in truth we were working on one. However, Wolf was on duty and I spent the day with two of my greatest heroes, my Dad (former Air Force, Vietnam Era) and my Granddad (former Army- WWII). We watched a great western, McLintock!, with some of the family (who weren't bored with it) and ate some grilled burgers. I talked about some of my Granddad's friends whom he served with during World War II in North Africa and Italy. He told me a bit about Audie Murphy, who was in the company ahead of him during the push into Italy. We talked about a friend who didn't make it home, and how he went to visit his family after the war. That being said, we didn't talk much about that. He never really does.
So Shelfers, I hope you will forgive our brief absence, but I'm sure that my time was well spent- I hope yours was as well. In the meantime visit thankavet.org. The are working on bringing up a guestbook in which you can thank thousands of men and women who have served. You may not know them, but they don't know you; and that never stopped them from serving you. Take some time and thank a vet.
By the way: take a minute to read this post up at Maggie's Farm about Algore and his rationalization of why "over-representation" of the facts in his fictional film "An Inconvenient Truth" is a good thing. You see, to the left, lying is good if it achieves their goals. Hmmm... see what Dr. Bliss has to say about it.
Media roundup to follow later.

Oh, I know it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at me. I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.


The thing that's always worried me about being one of the few is the way we keep on getting fewer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin