Wednesday, December 13, 2006

holy crap...



Just last night, I was watching TV Land's show about the top 100 TV catchphrases. I had wanted to see this show because one of my all-time favorite television characters, Frank Barone, was going to have his "catchphrase" profiled. His catchphrase? "Holy crap!" Man, I've been saying that for years. Anyway, there he was, Mr. Peter Boyle, the actor who portrayed Frank Barone on the show Everybody Loves Raymond. It was a show I loved. It was quirky and genuinely funny, and it had Peter Boyle in the cast. I love Peter Boyle. Who can watch Young Frankenstein and not love Peter Boyle? Then today, I learn that he has passed away. I know he had been suffering from heart problems in the last few years. Mr. Boyle died Tuesday evening. He was 71 years old.



I know Peter Boyle was in Taxi Driver and The Candidate, but I loved him in Raymond, Young Frankenstein, Yellowbeard, Johnny Dangerously, and The Dream Team. Even in films I didn't care for he was the bright spot: The Shadow and While You Were Sleeping. You can read more about the story here and his career here. We'll miss you Peter.

Oh, I know it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at me. I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.

I could have eaten a box of Alpha-Bits and crapped a better interview!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww...I didn't know he passed away. He was really funny though.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin