Thursday, October 18, 2007

true end of an era

As if this day wasn't sad enough, now news comes that comedian and actor Joey Bishop has passed away. He was 89. Joey had an extensive career beyond Vegas. He was in many movies and television shows, including a record number of appearances as guest host for Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show. He also had his own television show, The Joey Bishop Show, from 1961-1965 where he played a talk show host. Then he actually had his own talk show later which helped to unleash Regis Philbin on the world!

Bishop was the last surviving member of the famous Rat Pack. Dean, Frank, Peter and Sammy have been gone for awhile now. Now Joey has joined them and somewhere in the great beyond there is music and laughter.

Oh, I know it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at me. I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.

My doctor is wonderful. Once, in 1955, when I couldn't afford an operation, he touched up the X-rays.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin