Friday, August 29, 2008

the chess match has begun...


Many have been watching (or at least paying attention) to the Democratic Convention this week- and it was historic. Now the chess game that is the Presidential race has gotten even more interesting. McCain has chosen Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate. My picks from the very beginning have been completely out of it for some time now, so this was beginning to be a somewhat bleak campaign to endure. Now- I think the stakes are higher and I think that a choice I want to make, as opposed to a choice I should make, has appeared. Well played, Sen. McCain, sir- well played. Although I was banking on Gov. Romney (and hoping for Gov. Romney) I think this is a brilliant move and a great pick.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Gov. Palin- here are some excellent articles with some information about her: Foxnews, ABCnews, Real Clear Politics and Reuters. Here is the official website for the Alaskan Governor, although it's getting slammed right now and isn't coming up - it will later. She is a lifetime member of the NRA, pro-life, pro-drilling and smart on energy. She is a strong fiscal conservative, with a record for reform and fighting corruption. And unlike many other people running, she has served as mayor and has executive experience as a governor. She holds a degree in journalism and has worked as a sports reporter and alongside her husband as a commercial fisherman. She is an avid sportswoman herself and has a son in the military. She and her husband have 5 kids (one recently born and not in this earlier family picture).

I knew of her for sometime now, but really started paying attention this year after the state sued the government over the bogus listing of the "polar bear as a threatened species, arguing the designation will slow development in the state" (Reuters). And her position on energy and her challenge to Harry Reid and the democrats on drilling.
Here is her appearance on The Glenn Beck Show on Headline News: good stuff.




Well played, Senator McCain, well played.

Oh, I know it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at me. I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.

I want you to let the ballyhoo boys loose, plan a celebration, and declare a holiday.


2 comments:

likesforests said...

I'm also satisfied with McCain's choice of governor Palin. I was originally a Giuliani supporter, but McCain / Palin make a great team, and I enjoyed their speeches.

It's refreshing to find another conservative blogger. The last few days I've been commenting on liberal blogs to correct mistakes: the Trig story, the fake photos, and the shotgun marriage. I posted my support of the McCain / Palin ticket and within 12 hours I already have 18 comments, mostly from pro-Obama bloggers. ;)

J.C. Loophole said...

Thanks for your comments- I understand where you are coming from. I notice that sometimes the profane and vile comments are what dominate on these liberal websites (it's like the revel in it), instead of thoughtful commentary. It's sad that they have to resort to profanity and personal attacks because the can't defeat the ideas.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin