Saturday, September 23, 2006

1st and goal


Hello there once again. I am very happy. It is getting cooler and there are whistles and yellow flags all around. Yes sir, football is back and men everywhere are making excuses to get out of house work to watch it. I have my top 5 here for you.

Warning: use them at your own risk

5.“Honey, my back hurts and feels much better if I sit here in the chair. Guess I’ll watch the game while I’m here.”
4.“I took care of the diaper already dear”
3.“I’m making a list of all the things I’m going to do in the yard; the game is just background noise.”
2.“I work five out of seven days a week. All I ask is to watch some football on two days and one night.”
1.“Honey you have your Lifetime now leave the remote alone!”

I have sat here long enough and can no longer stay quiet. The Shelf must have some news about football. I mean all the old movies are good, but they continue to forget the classic game. Leave it to me, the weekend man who is trying to escape reality (side note-the 100th show of Dirty Jobs was GREAT!!!!!!) to call the Shelf to repentance. If there is no football, it would be like having no sliced bread. Or luncheon meat.

Where else can men get together and share a hug and a high 5. Where else can we scream at the top of our lungs and feel important about saying it. Football games make us remember our glory days on the grit iron and we feel a need to share these moments with the younger generation. I say it is vital for our freedom men that we unite and make our Saturdays and Sundays days of rest in front of a High Def Plasma with surround sound and learn from wonderful leaders. Leaders like the Bowden, Spurrier, Herbstriet and Lee Corso. These are real men of genius.

Today I am also letting you know about NCAA 07. In front of me right now I have the copy for the PSP. I want to tell you what is important for me. When I go out and drop $40+ for a game, I want to make sure it is a game that I will play. I am very big on sports games and military games. It is my way to escape reality. (No pun intended) I look to see if the graphics are going to be worth it. If it is series, I want to see if they make changes to the game style and game play.

Well in NCAA 07 PSP version they have put their best foot forward. The graphics are very good for a hand held console. They look like PS1 graphics. As the 360 band wagon leaves me behind, I am glad to say that this game came out with more features than the 360 version. (I know that the features for the 360 can be down loaded now so DO NOT WRITE BACK. ALL I WILL SAY IS HANDHELD THANK YOU) you can play as the world famous Tommy Bowden and make your number 1 Clemson Tigers go all the way and win with the dynasty mode.

Also you can play someone better than you across the web. I will say though, you can not always find a game to play each time you log on. However though, when you are on-line, you will be able to get up to date info from ESPN. This comes in handy when you are playing on-line you are always getting the score to your teams outcome. Like I have said before, if you are riding the fence, get off before you get a bad rash and buy this game. If you do not own a PSP, get for the system you do own. It will be well worth it. I would urge you to take time back for yourself this weekend and make football a part of your much needed R&R. Now stop reading this and watch some football.

You can't fool me! There ain't no Santa Claus!    Posted by A. Baravelli


In this life, you don't have to prove nothin' to nobody but yourself. Am I making myself clear?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!!!

Anonymous said...

Haha! You are more eloquent than I thought you would be....I'm impressed! Good job D, you should do more!

AC

Yeah, I know I don't count since I'm family, but I thought it was good :)

Anonymous said...

I thought the XBOX version was excellent. It had all the features of the XBOX 360 and more, and the graphics were still great.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin