Wednesday, October 22, 2008

media roundup 2.0

Yeah, I miss the old media roundup. It became difficult to keep up with and, quite frankly, it never got much of a response. I've been thinking about retooling it- so that we can still alert Shelfers about fun and cool titles coming out and TCM picks for the week. Well, I believe what we will do is break it down into smaller, digestable pieces- same Shelf taste, less filling. So what we will do is post smaller highlights of titles coming out during the week and separate posts of our TCM picks. Today's pick? Something you might not expect...

I think a big difference between myself and a lot of people is my sense of humor. I can laugh at myself and I have a great appreciation for satire and parody. Viz a viz: I thought that Sarah Palin's appearance on SNL was OK- she aquitted herself well. Some people were up in arms saying- they are just going to make fun of you. Well SNL has always made fun of it's guests. If you are going in, you know what you are going to get. You still might want to skip Weekend Update. I've discussed our affection for South Park, The Simpsons and Family Guy before. It's the imp- the transgressor- that makes it fun. No sacred cows- on any side.

So today we highlight Family Guy Vol. 6 - out this week! Here are some behind the scenes clips and some of the extras from the set that you can expect.
Here's some of the writers discussing the gags:




Also an exclusive extra from the DVD set: The voices of Family Guy:




Included in the set are 12 episodes from seasons 5 & 6, including the 100th episode. Also in the set are behind the scenes extras, commentaries, deleted scenes and more.

So, if you are a fan, you know to check it out- if not give it a try. Sometimes it's fun to laugh and poke fun at sacred cows and popular culture. Family Guy Vol. 6- out this week!

Next:
Looney Tunes: The Golden Collection, Vol 6 and Warner Brothers: Gangsters Vol.4
Stay tuned.

Oh, I know it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at me. I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.

So, what do you think of this "Music Television?"



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin