Thursday, June 04, 2009

sad news...

Just found out this sad news via CNN: actor David Carradine was found dead in Bangkok, Thailand. The news is just breaking so there aren't many details yet, but you can go to CNN.com or Foxnews.com later for more details. He was 72.

I remember growing up and watching him on the iconic TV show Kung Fu. I even had a Kung Fu lunch box. But later I watched him and loved him in many films such as The Long Riders, Lone Wolf McQuade and Behind Enemy Lines. He was probably one of the more prolific "guest stars" on multiple television series and was of course part of a large acting family that included brothers Keith and Robert. His father was the legendary John Carradine who was in many classic films such as Stagecoach, The Grapes of Wrath and Drums Along the Mohawk.

David Carradine was perhaps more familiar to modern audiences as "Bill" in Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill 1 & 2. He had a very long career, as did his father. He will be missed. You can visit the Official David Carradine website here.


Oh, I know it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at me. I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.

When this is all over, I'm goin' to write a book; make myself more famous than I already am.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Very sorry to hear this news. A sad end for a prominent member of a great acting family. Coincidentally my oldest daughter just finished watching the miniseries NORTH AND SOUTH in which he plays the villain.

Best wishes,
Laura

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin