Monday, October 02, 2006

here's something we hope you'll really like...

Quick post....
Sorry we have been out of the office so to speak this past weekend. And so it goes...
I wanted to post up an comic ad that I liked. Hope you will like it as well. It features characters from one of my favorite shows of all time: Rocky and Bullwinkle.



At one time I worked on an article about advertising in comic books and newspaper comics, but it evolved into another subject and was never finished. Perhaps I will work on that for Shelfers. I'll have to rewrite it, making it less "pointy-heady" and remove all traces of obnoxious academic-speak. In other words, make it sound intelligent. It is a fascinating topic really. Either way, we wish a happy belated birthday to childhood (ok, still) hero Jay Ward, who would've been 86 September 20th. Thanks for the laughter and fun, Jay.

Also if you haven't seen it already, I did a guest post over at Cinerati. If you've been hearing about Microsoft's Zune this week...well, we talked about it last Friday. We're on the cutting edge here at The Shelf (thanks Wayback Machine!), and the article is all about options. Media options. Go check it out.
By the way media roundup is tomorrow. Stay tuned.



Oh, I know it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at me. I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.


You busy-bodies have busied your last body.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Long Live Bullwinkle and Rocky!
You seem to be a DVD guru- what is the latest on when season 4 of Bullwinkle and Rocky coming out on DVD?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin