Tuesday, October 10, 2006

just a blurb on the blog

As you may or may not know, we are fans of the Archie comics series here at the Shelf. It's somewhat of a side-effect of growing up in the 70's and 80's for us. Loophole and I have been swapping old Archie comics lately and I found the above 'Gag Bag' strip in a 'Double Digest' edition from 1983. Our affinity for the Marx Brothers caused us to find it interesting so I thought we'd scan it in here and share. Miss Grundy (depicted here) was never my favorite of the teachers and obviously not the hottest chick in Riverdale, but she was a staple and the source of many stories from the iconic town. As a fan of the comic I am ashamed to say this, but I can't remember the name of the squat little teacher with Miss Grundy in the above strip. If any of you out there know who she is, let us know in the comments section. I always felt that Chuck Clayton was an underrated teen in Riverdale and that Svensen was an over-looked emploee at Riverdale High. I also thought that Midge was hotter than Betty and Veronica too so you might think I'm crazy any way. We are in the works of another Shelf webcast which will include a brief discussion about the Archie series. Let us know your favorites of the comic in the comments section. Who was the hottest girl in Riverdale? Best adult character? Most underrated? Sure this is corny, but come on...this is the shelf we're talking about. Until then here is a link to some downloads of the old Archie Andrews radio shows. Check back tomorrow for JC's belated round up. There's a another candy review on tap this week and I'm finally working on that bargain bin review we've been promising. Give us your thoughts on Riverdale in the comments section and if you have any suggestions or more than just a comment, we check our e-mail daily.


Please feel free to comment.



Aw, relax Archie! Relaaaaaxxx!

~Jughead Jones

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin