Monday, July 10, 2006

good grief...


Some days... I can't help but feel like Charlie Brown. The beauty of comic strips and animation is that they can relate what we feel and like to say in simple ways, such as in Peanuts strips, or in fantasy-style hyperbole such as in animated sequences like Bugs Bunny getting the best of the bully in Looney Tunes cartoons.

I've been catching up on some news today and see that the cultural elitist are in full swing. Certain political stories catch my eye and then I get mad, I get irritable and I get non-plussed. I ... just don't understand some people. When you have no moral center, and you have no logic or reason- you resort to violence, threats, and psychotic-laced rampages. They will strike out from fear, feelings of insignificance, rage, and hatred. That is what I am seeing more and more of from cultural elitists. We’ve talked ad nauseum about these people before, but I see the situation getting worse and worse. It's not just political discourse that has become ugly, public discourse, plain everyday, person to person conversation is now laced with venom. I was going to rant today, but chose not to do so. Instead I am going to let Charlie Brown speak for me, and encourage you to check out the latest with our friends at Maggie's Farm, Gateway Pundit and others.

My sentiments are best summed up in this strip in a conversation between Charlie Brown and Schroeder about status seekers. Methinks that is one of the core problems with the cultural elitists; they are status seekers. Poor Charlie Brown. I think Schroeder might be wrong about him, but dead on about status seekers in general. An autographed baseball might do just fine.
Remember when you read the news or check out these stories on the web, take a step back, breathe and take a moment to read Charlie Brown or go watch some Looney Tunes. It will definitely brighten your mood.

By the way, we noticed we've had some new visitors over the weekend. Thanks for all the comments. Keep 'em coming! We hope you will continue to visit us here at The Shelf.

Back tomorrow with this week's edition of the media roundup. Stay tuned.

Oh, I know it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at me. I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.


Why can't I have a normal dog like everybody else?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin