Tuesday, July 11, 2006

her best foot forward


We were saddened to hear that Shelf favorite and wonderful lady and actress, June Allyson, passed away Saturday at the age of 88. You can read a bit about her and the news of her passing here and here. Ms. Allyson was a bright face in cinema during the 40s and 50s. Her co-stars, like Jimmy Stewart, Van Johnson, and former husband Dick Powell, often were reteamed with her, as she had a easy going charm and a natural chemistry on screen. Recently, we reviewed one of June's movies, The Glenn Miller Story, a Shelf Favorite, which you can read here. Thanks, June... we will miss you.

Oh, I know it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at me. I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.


...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed The Glenn Miller Story DVD that I bought recently (after reading your review). June was wonderful and lovely. It is sad to see such great actresses pass away and to see how many of the lesser talented and more vapid celebrities (I can't call them actresses) are filling up our screens.

Anonymous said...

Very sad news. She will be missed.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin