Monday, October 30, 2006

halloween candy review: peeps edition

Peeps. Yes, Peeps. They rear their heads almost every holiday season it seems, although I have yet to see Peeps in the shape of Thanksgiving turkeys. I have to admit that in past I consumed Peeps with fevor and passion unequaled in candy corners. They didn't show up in mainstream trick or treat bags. They were what you got at grandma's house. Or you had to pick up a package to squirrel away at your house like some sort of forbidden contraband. A shameful enterprise really; one that I am proud to say I have overcome. Yes, I am no longer constrained when I see a package of Peeps. Thanks to a fantastic 12 step program and some wonderful fellow group members (Hi gang! Resist the power of Peeps! Ha, how's the dental work coming Ricky? Shoutout to my peeps! Uh...oh, sorry.) I have finally gave up the pervasive Peeps power that held sway over me. And just to prove it, I am going to review Peeps for this week's candy review! Behold below the package of Peeps...



You see of course the "Ghosts" variety of the marshmellowy candy. Not much to see other than three rows of three ghosts each. Not much in the way of color, other than the eyes and mouth. Of course, they are bathed in powdered sugary goodness, which just gleams in the light... I mean they are just covered in sugar that is bad for you. Yes. Well, let's turn over the box shall we?



How whimsical. Beyond all of the obviously terrible ingredients listed, there is an illustration of a ghost and tombstone, all in the Halloween spirit. We note that the ghost has a rather large head. Heh, back in the "bad ol' days" I used to eat the head first like some sort of chocolate easter bunny. Wow. I am sure glad those days are past me. Now let's take a closer look at the Peeps themselves.



As you can see, the ghosts are connected together and are a bit sticky. I pulled one apart so you can see it apart from the rest. Not much to speak of really, just marshmellow...divine marshmellow...soft and sugary...



Aw, crap.
That's all for these Halloween Candy review. If you'll excuse me I've got to take care of some ghosts. Then I've got to call my therapist. See you next time.


Oh, I know it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at me. I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.

How'd you like to stuff one of them in a doughnut!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin