Thursday, November 09, 2006

what, ho!


I know we are gearing up for the end of this year, but we have some exciting DVD news for you about a release for next year. I know several people have asked us in the past about when The Prisoner of Zenda might see a release date. Well, good news- not only will that film be released soon, but it will join about 5 others in an excellent Warner Brothers release: Literary Classics Collection set for release on March 6th, 2007. Mark your calenders for these films:
The Three Musketeers (1948) with Gene Kelly, June Allyson and Lana Turner
The Prisoner of Zenda (1937) with Ronald Coleman and the 1952 version with Stewart Granger on the same Disc
Billy Budd (1962) with Robert Ryan and Peter Ustinov
Captain Horatio Hornblower(1951) with Gregory Peck and Virgina Mayo
and Madame Bovary (1949) with Jennifer Jones and James Mason
This looks to be a wonderful set, and we will keep you updated when more information comes available. For individual disc cover artwork see one of our favorite websites, DVD Times, which has all of the individual DVD covers as well.
I'm personally excited about The Prisoner of Zenda as well as the Gene Kelly Three Musketeers. Pass the word! We'll keep you updated on more classic film goodness as the new release information for 2007 becomes available in the coming months.
Stay tuned...


Oh, I know it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at me. I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.

Well, then, here's your last fencing lesson. Look out for your head.

3 comments:

Laura said...

This looks like a great set! My husband will be excited to get this old version of HORATIO HORNBLOWER. What great info.

Thanks,
Laura

Anonymous said...

Very cool!

Anonymous said...

This is welcome news, as I was one of the people asking about Zenda. I looked on Amazona and some other places, but they don't even have it listed yet. And here you guys have the box art and list of flicks. Way to go Shelf. I'll be checking amazon for when preorders are available.


java rules

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin