Friday, April 20, 2007

no words

I've been struggling a bit this week to try and say something on The Shelf. Several articles written and planned for this week have been put on the back burner because it just didn't seem appropriate, or even important. Like many of you, I've been watching the news (probably more than I usually do) and reading much of it as new developments occur. Our prayers and condolences goes out to the families and friends of the victims.

Suffice it to say, I really don't know what to say. I just felt that perhaps aside from this brief post, we would pass along our condolences this week and then next week return to address the things we've thought about and witnessed this week. I will share a brief aside- I have been to Virginia Tech several times and have a couple of friends who graduated from that fine school. One of them went on to teach there in the English Department. It's a beautiful campus, and Blacksburg is certainly a college town. There are things we need to consider and ask ourselves in the wake of all of this. Next week we'll discuss it. In the meantime, a couple of links to some interesting ongoing commentary by Hugh Hewitt , Michelle Malkin, Mark Steyn and some thoughts in several posts from our friend Laura over at Musings.

We'll discuss some of this next week, including some "Big Picture" thoughts; and of course we'll have some more of our usual Shelf antics. In the meantime, moms and dads- spend time with your kids this weekend. Do something together as a family. This is precious time and that is a precious commodity.

Oh, I know it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at me. I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.

....


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin