Friday, August 08, 2008

friday meditation

Last night, one of my favorite groups of all time concluded their reunion tour in New York. Fans who have long followed The Police never thought, but always hoped they would get back together. Now that the reunion tour is over, interviews with Stewart, Andy and Sting all seem to signal this is it for a while, but none of them completely rule out getting together again. Hey fellas, what about another studio album? One of my dreams was to be able to see The Police or Sting in concert- and I am not much of a concert person. That's OK, it will probably never happen anyway.

Best Buy has announced they will be releasing a special Live Concert DVD/CD combo on November 11, 2008 (Hat tip to Digital Bits for release info). There will be several Blu-ray, Special Edition, etc versions, but they will all include live concert footage from the tour, a CD and bonus behind the tour documentary from Stewart Copeland's son Jordan titled Better Than Therapy. The DVD/CD release is called The Police: Certifiable and can be pre-ordered here.

In the meantime here is your Friday Moment of Meditation, featuring one of my favorite songs from Sting: The Shape of My Heart:





Stay tuned for more of the Shelf!

Oh, I know it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at me. I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.

He deals the cards as a meditation


2 comments:

Robert M. Lindsey said...

I have all the Police albums, except the greatest hits. Why buy that when you have all the others? If you want a CD instead of vinyl. I guess that would be a bit of a reason.

J.C. Loophole said...

Robert-
True about the GH albums
I did break down a couple of years ago and purchase the Police Complete Box Set, and I'm glad I did. Not only do I have everything on a great 4 CD set, the set also includes the "b-sides" and one-shot soundtrack or compilation songs not found on the albums. Great stuff and well worth the purchase for any Police fan.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin