Monday, September 11, 2006

a day to remember and respect...

Today is just one of those days that you look around and see "I remember..." coverage of a serious news event. This one, however, is still very fresh. I could link you to many tribute posts, but I think you can find them pretty much without even breathing hard. If there is one thing we would like to say to everyone out there: take this opportunity for silent prayer and reflection and remember not just the fact that we were hit hard, but that we are in this fight to win. The nay-sayers, cultural elitists and libs are using this day to continue to politicize the war and elections. I think the other side may do some of the same, but at least some respect and memorializing is done. What should you do? I'm not sure..., but I'm going to respect the grief and anger of others as they remember their loved ones and those who died defending this country from the evil terrorists since. I will remember that wars are hard, especially the necessary ones. And I will remember that freedom is worth fighting for, especially against a foe hellbent on killing us and destroying our way of life. Let us never forget that.

The Shelf will return tomorrow with your normally scheduled madness, but let us spend the day as one to remember and respect.

Oh, I know it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at me. I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.

...


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin